July & Hello August!
- Scores of adults said ‘YES’ to serving our children and youth.
- 169 children took over our entire facility to attend Pine Cove Camp and be energized by the Holy Spirit of God.
- 184 children and youth, 34 adults filled up four buses for a 5 day trek to Camp Wow. There a group of imperfect humans were introduced to the perfect love of
- We sent mission teams of 10 and 8 to Mexico and Nicaragua.
- We finally have “engineered dirt” that is ready to receive the 19,500 square foot foundation upon which our Connecting Generations facility will be built.
- We had four GREAT weekends of worship led by Josh, Judy, Jeff and Chris.
- Our Rebranding Team and Session is getting closer and closer to a BIG announcement.
- Dallas and I finally have a daughter in law and at least the HOPE of grandchildren.
“Hello August 2014! We are eager to witness and participate in all God has in store for us.”
- Families moving into the area will be longing for invitations to join you in worship.
- Children are gearing up for school and that means Little Red School House will joyfully receive our school supplies and clothing for the least of these.
- Youth Week, August 9-17.
- Youth led worship August 16-17, founded on the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 6.
- Other weekend worship celebrations will focus on “Envisioning” the importance and the how to, when it comes to sharing our faith with friends and family.
- Family Ministry will be praying over and inviting servants to say “Yes” to children and youth for Wednesday Night and Sunday morning ministries.
- August 22, Family Ministries will host an event at Hurricane Harbor so we can invite our “unchurched” family and friends to a non threatening, non churchy, fun
event. See the website to purchase tickets.
- Our Session and Executive Leadership Team will be strategizing how to reveal our new name and how we can all participate in the transition.
- Foundation forms will be laid. Trees and marquee on Thomas Street will come down and work for covered drive through will begin.
- Dallas and I will NOT be sending a child to school or college for the first time in 28 years.